top of page

When care and support in the home is needed, sometimes it's difficult to know where to start. Especially when it comes to paying for care for you, or for your loved ones. Below is some basic information to get you started;

Everyone is eligible for a free Care and Support Assessment from Social Services. This assessment will look into what care you need and if Social Services can offer any financial support. To access this contact your local council social services. 

In most cases, if you have over £23,500 in savings then you would be expected to pay for your own care. You may still be eligible for any adaptions to your home and equipment that you may need.

If social services can help you financially, you can either allow Social Services to arrange your care or they will fund a care company of your choice through the Direct Payment Scheme. The Direct Payment Scheme allows you to ensure you have the best care in place for you or your loved one.

If you are in need of care then it is likely you are entitled to either Attendance Allowance (AA) or Personal Independence Payments (PIP). These are Government Benefits that you can claim.

Attendance Allowance and Personal Independence Payments are not mean tested benefits so regardless of your savings you can be eligible. It does not affect any other benefits you are entitled to, or are already in receipt of. 

Three Sisters can provide further information on any of the above, so please contact us with any questions you may have.

Paying for care

Contact Us

Three Sisters Community Care LLP, 378 Hagley Road West, Oldbury, B68 ODL.

Telephone: 0121 421 7118


  • Black Facebook Icon
Send us a message....

Thanks for submitting!

bottom of page